RELICS OF THE APOSTLE ST. PETERWAS FOUND IN CATALONIA (NW. OF SPAIN)
|
The few relics that Pope Gregorius I believed were of the Apostle St. Peter, he moved them away from the Vatican I Rome, by the Mediterranean sea, in the year 610, in order to safeguard them from a feared Focas invasion.
The relics were finally deposited in a cave in Ampurdan, a region of Girona – NE. of Spain- where some years later the church of the very great monastery "SANT PERE DE RODA" was build. The relics were discovered in the year 1910, when the ground near the main altar of the so rundown church sank under the feet of some thieves who were stealing marble.
The Pope Gregorio I "Magnus" towards year 600 granted as much importance to the names of Jose and Elimburga, as to cover the main relics with the Christianity (it is a portrait altar where it is writer together all: IOSVEETELIMBURGA), decorating the edge a silver altar, both personages would be probably the true names of the descending princes of the lineage of Jesus. The name of Joseph (degrading in the medieval time, being hebrew) in Europe only could be used in the hebrew kingdom of the Septimania (the present Narbona). More information in my website in spanish language:
Without knowing what bones were contained in this "briefcase-reliqary", it was finally put in the attic of the "MUSEU D´ART" in Girona, during the long restoration of which I identified them as all being part of the same lot, in spite of them being separated.
The voluminous DIZIONARIO DE LE ABREVIETURE LATINE E ITALIANE (Milano 1187) show that letter G was written like Ç, in Elimburga name, that it includes the small altar of San Pere de Roda. (Emporda – North of the Costa Brava de Girona). So, "Ç" was its normal design in the VII century (and one stayed until century X).
Of the same period it is pompous letter "M" of Elimburga, with design of conventional heart. Throughout century V was written like our present very small letter "m" minuscule, but soon the inner outline of letter "M" was made descend until the base of other arcs from this letter.
The metallic cross that also includes the same lot of Saint Peter relics, still is more conclusive to date the lot discovered buried to the times of the Pontiff Gregorius I. They called it a "encolpium", and became from second half of the X century til to beginnings of the VII. (There is another metallic box of relics with similar desings in the Treasure of the Doumo de Monza in Italy).
THE OLD "SANT PERE DE RODA" OUTSIDE LANDSCAPE, EXEPT THE CLOISTER BELOW RIGTH.
THE ANCIENT CRYPT was opened to the few visitors to such a remote place in Catalonia, only 10 years before my investigation (1976). The church of the big monastery was build over the crypt. The monks, knew that there were relics of St. Peter, but never knew exactly where they were.
The reliquary has been hidden in the wall of the cave (similar to its hiding place in the Vatican in the year 610). The committee then left many other relics in the ground as a "decoy". The person with the raised arm, indicates the exact place in the wall of the cave where they had hidden the reliquary (his location later forgotten). So, 12 centuries later, exactly in the year 1910, the relics where finally discovered.
NEXT TO THE RELICS, THERE IS A SILK´S TISSUE APRON. It was made to fit the frail Pope Gregorius I. It’s protected by glass, framed and hung near the aforementioned glass case.
Gregorius I build the "Confession", which is a very reduced space, exactly undernearth the main altar of Saint Peter of Vatican.
There Gregorius I celebrated a service on the Tomb which was covered with the apron of silk tissue that was then used to wrap the reliquary (as is mandatory in the liturgy).
He hid the "briefcase" in a marble hole inside the wall, closing it with another piece of marble. The silk tissue helps preserve it from deterioration.
IN MY BOOK I ALSO INCLUDED THE DECIPHERED SYMBOLS that Pope Gregorius I engraved on the bones not in the "briefcase- reliquary,", which were cleverly restored in 1910 . In the "British Museum" they informed me that nothing similar for the Medieval period exists. The excessive secrecy of Gregorius I, dictated strange ways of to the saint relics, but it Is most important that the measurement of the hideout place "Confession", and the "briefcase" (including its lost cover) coincide. The official investigation under Pope Pius XII concluded that: The "trophy" that distinguished the "St. Peter’s Tomb", was found, … but nothing about the apostle’s relics!.
Tradition says that the relics of the Apostle Peter were transferred (610) with great pomp, but nothing is mentioned about bells ringing to celebrate their return to the Vatican.
THE RELICARY ALSO INCLUDED a portable altar used by Pope Pelagius II . It was a present from the mysterious IOSVE and ELIMBURGA." This altar travelled with the St. Peter’s relics inside the briefcase, and in the opposite side there is a slate stone which incrusted in the centre and symbolise St. Peter (In the Spanish language this page is the same, but with the title "/apostol.html)
Pope Gregorius I build the "Confession", which is a very reduced space, exactly underneath the main altar of Saint Peter of Vatican. The next information I suppose that will be very interesting for the descendents today of Order of Temple, the Masonry one, or several other like P.S.
There pope Gregorius I celebrated a service on the Tomb which was covered with the apron of silk tissue that was then used to wrap the reliquary (as is mandatory in the liturgy). He hid the "briefcase" in a marble hole inside the wall, closing it with another piece of marble. The silk tissue helps preserve it from deterioration.
IN MY BOOK I ALSO INCLUDED THE DESCIPHERED SYMBOLS that pope Gregorius I engraved on the bones not in the "briefcase- reliquary,", which were cleverly restored in 1910 . In the "British Museum" they informed me that nothing similar for the Medieval period exists. The excessive secrecy of Gregorius I, dictated strange ways of to the saint relics, but it Is most important that the measurement of the hideout place "Confession", and the "briefcase" (including its lost cover) coincide. The official investigation under Pope Pius XII concluded that: The "trophy" that distinguished the "St. Peter’s Tomb", was found, … but nothing about the apostle’s relics!. Tradition says that the relics of the Apostle Peter were transferred (610) with great pomp, but nothing is mentioned about bells ringing to celebrate their return to the Vatican.
The merovingian managed to save the inheriting boy Sigebertus, after assassinating king Clodoveus, hiding it in Renes-le-Chateau (south of Fr.), where -by the way- never it was the treasure, but only the tracks that guided the priest Berénguer Sauniére and me. I exposed it in my still unpublished work written in 1.980; it was in the cloister of a cister’s.
( C ) Ramon Ramonet Riu
By the way: see, please, my last work:"SEVERAL STAR DESIGNED ON CYDONIA, in MARS PLANET"
The link to my website is: (”In TWO PARTS”.)
The link to my website is: (”In TWO PARTS”.)
"REX DEUS": ANCESTRAL LINEAGE OF THE "ORDER OF SION"
AND THE SUITCASE INCLUDING A LOT OF BOX'S RELIC,
ALSO INCLUDED A SMALL ALTAR.
I found out about them when I read a forgotten Ecclesiastic Yearbook from the year 1917, astonishing me that I never knew about it before. My phonecall to the parish priest of that church, confirmed me -there and then- that all this was forgotten, because he had been there in charge for the last 25 years and he said to me: "I could not believe that nothing was ever published".
Cap comentari:
Publica un comentari a l'entrada
http://webspace.webring.com/people/or/ramonetriu/links2111.html
Nota: Només un membre d'aquest blog pot publicar entrades.